Eastern White Cedar Lumber
Beautiful… naturally.Why Eastern White Cedar?
Cedar is virtually a maintenance free wood. Naturally decay and pest resistant, this beautiful wood has always been the first choice for outdoor projects. From fencing and decking, to lawn furniture, Eastern White Cedar adds warmth and beauty to any home project.The Benefits of Cedar
Why Our Cedar?
- Cedar cuts easily with minimal cracking and splitting and it sands to a perfect finish
- It is a beautiful light tan color when freshly milled. It turns silvery-gray with age if exposed to the elements, but can be treated to help retain its color
- Its neutral color accepts paint or stain easily
- Ideal for a wide variety of indoor projects such as panelling and molding and, because of its resistance to weather and moisture, white cedar is also perfectly suited for outdoor projects like decking, furniture and fencing
- One of the top ten preferred species for the home woodworker*
J.D Irving, Limited owns the largest stands of Eastern White Cedar in North America and all our land is SFI and ISO 14001 certified. Only J.D Irving, Limited can ensure a consistent supply of high quality white cedar in sizes to allow a successful and profitable retail woodworking program.
- available green or dried to 10-12% moisture content
- a smooth, satiny finish
- stability in the retail setting
*Source: University of Tennessee survey
|1x3 4' to 6' || ||1x4 6' & 8' |
|1x4 4' to 8' || ||1x6 6' & 8' |
|1x6 4' to 8' || ||1x6 8' T&G |
|2x3 Back Rails || ||5/16x4 8' T&G |
|2x4 Back Rails || || |
|2x4 8' || || |
|2x6 8' || || |
Call 1-800-518-7999 to speak with our experienced sales staff.
We manufacture 4 grades of cedar boards based on the National Lumber Grading Standards. Learn more about our range of grades.
Eastern White Cedar Pallet Stock
Our facilities offer a variety of specie options that meet the needs of all pallets and packaging manufactures. Cedar offers a light weight and easily worked material for custom packaging.
We produce fence boards in 1x3-1x6 in 4'-8' lengths with a small percentage of 10'
- We produce backer rails in 2x3 and 2x4x6' and 8'
- We grade the products as #1, #1-1 Face, #2, and #3
- Capability to ship by truck or rail car
Kiln drying is not as common in cedar as it is in other wood species as the products are normally used in outdoor applications. If the application requires, cedar can be dried and, once the moisture content drops under 30%, the strength properties increase, and there is much less chance for stain, mold, or decay.
Traditionally cedar has been sold in rough form. Today the cedar facility has the ability to size and dress cedar lumber ranging from 1x3 to 4x4. As well, the facility can produce custom patterns to the customer’s specifications.